Saturday, May 29, 2010

from graduation to hospitalization.....

Owen graduated from preschool this week yeah.......next day we landed inpatient for dehydration..... All my mito mom friends can tell you as well summer is the enemy for most of our kids. Owen is having a hard time regulating his body temp and can't cool down easily. He will go outside for 10 minutes and sweat for a good hour after causing him to lose alot of fluid. We are looking into getting him a cooling vest so he can play outside a little bit. I am trying to pick a school for Owen for next year and this has become a real challenge. I would love a private lutheran school but alot of them do not have enough resources for kids that need extra help. The public schools offer that but the class sizes are so big and Owen would get lost in the crowd. I am glad I have the mother I have at times like these, we can both be hmmm a little vocal at times. I can fight the fight to do what is right for my children and people usually listen. It seems MY daughter has that quality too.....god help me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie, I hope as I write this that you are still able to go to the convention with your husband...two fold, to get away, and to learn! I also wanted to tell you that when my kids were little someone told me that the thing that drives me the most crazy about them will be their biggest strength when they are older. I had to learn to embrace the stuff I did not like. Sort of like life...
    Your kids are so lucky to have such a dynamic Mom!!

    ReplyDelete