Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hospitals,doctors, albuterol oh my.......

Well, Owen was in the hospital again a nasty bug took him down hard. I love when people say oh yeah my kids have been through that,breathing treatments, nebulizers and what mitochondrial disease. Oh really do you wake up every morning hoping your child has not regressed physically or mentally. Do you talk to your doctor about placing j tubes for hydration and brain scans that may or may not show something? No,no most of you do not so pleaseeeee quit telling me you know how I feel. Ok, now I feel better not great but better. I do not feel sorry for myself, really I do not. Today I am a mother and I am angry. I am angry at the healthcare professionals for not knowing enough about my son's condition to help him. I am angry that I have to force my son to take 6 supplements multiple times a day and hope it "protects his cells". What a load of crap he is not supposed to be sick, he is a beautiful 5 year old child with hopes and dreams. Today I am a mother who will not take no for an answer and won't ever stop to the hopes and dreams come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment